Designed to accompany the Grammar 3 Pupil Book, the Grammar 3 Teacher’s Book (in print letters) provides detailed lesson guidance for teaching spelling and grammar to children and follows on from the Grammar 2 Teacher’s Book.
The structured lesson guides in the Grammar 3 Teacher’s Book correspond to the activity pages in the Grammar 3 Pupil Book, and provide material for teaching 1 Spelling and 1 Grammar/Punctuation lesson per week for a year. Descriptions of grammar points are given and described in depth.
Plenty of teaching ideas and extension activities are also included.
Topics covered include:
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar 1 & 2 Pupil Books
- New spelling patters – tch, dge, ure, gn, gh, ex, n for /ng/, s, se and ze for /z/, a for /ar/, y for /i/, a for /o/, ere for /air/, and eer and ere for /ear/
- Suffixes -‘less’, ‘able’ and ‘ful’
- Proper adjectives
- Nouns acting as adjectives
- Collective nouns Pronouns – possessive/subjective and object
- The present particle and the continuous tenses
- Subject and object in a sentence
- Questions and exclamations in speech